Smolanka, Ivan (Sr.)
Experience: since 1984
Category: High. Candidate of Medicine.
Qualification: surgical oncologist.
Alma mater: Uzhgorod State University, in the specialty «Medical Care».
- 1984, completed a clinical residency at the National Cancer Institute, in the specialty «Oncology».
- 1987, graduated from the Postgraduate study at the Kyiv Research X-ray Radiology and Oncology Institute of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
- 1997, thoracic Surgery Internship at Bromton Royal Hospital (London).
- 2001, second internship at Bromton Royal Hospital (London) on a personal invitation.
Experience and achievements:
- Since 1984, works at the National Cancer Institute in the positions: junior research scientist, senior research scientist, leading researcher of tumors of the abdominal and thoracic cavity.
- 2003 - head of the Research Department of Breast Tumors and Reconstructive Surgery.
- 1988, «Combined modality treatment of pancreatic cancer» thesis defence as a Candidate of Medicine.
- 2001, «Combined modality treatmen of lung cancer» PhD thesis defence.
- 2007, got academic rank as a professor.
- since 2005, Chief Oncologist at the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
Membership in organizations:
- member of the European Society of Clinical Oncologists (ESMO).
- member of the Academic Council of the National Cancer Institute and of the Specialized Doctoral Dissertation Scientific Council
- member of the problem committee "Malignant neoplasms".
- member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Clinical Oncology.
Fields of scientific and practical researches:
- development of treatment of lungs and breast malignant neoplasms.
- author of 257 scientific papers, including 3 monographs.
- 15 state patents of Ukraine.
- author of 25 inventions.
Make an appointment
Ask a Question