Surgeon, endocrine surgeon
Experience: 20 years
Category: High. Professor of surgery. PhD in Medicine.
Qualification: Surgeon, endocrine surgeon.
- Head of the Department of Endocrine Surgery, Deputy Director of the Scientific Issues at the Ukrainian Scientific and Practical Center for Endocrine Surgery, Transplantation of Endocrine Organs and Tissues at the Ministry of Health of Ukraine.
- Vice-President of the Ukrainian Association of Endocrine Surgeons.
- National Delegate of Ukraine to the European Society of Endocrine Surgeons.
- Full member of the European Union of Surgeons (ESS), the European Society of Endocrine Surgeons (ESES) and a national delegate from Ukraine in this organization.
- Trained in Italy, at the Roman clinic of endocrine surgery at the Catholic University (2001), in France, at the clinic of endocrine surgery of La Timone Hospital at the Mediterranean, Marseille (2003 and 2005), Israel Bersheva University Hospital (2010), British Royal College of Surgeons, London (2011).
- Author of more than 300 printed scientific papers in all areas of endocrine surgery including: monographs «Primary hyperparathyroidism», co-author of the tutorial «General surgery», monographs «Diagnosis and treatment of highly differentiated thyroid cancer», manual «Medullary thyroid cancer».
- Author of 15 patents for inventions.
- Official reviewer of the well-known American scientific journal «Laryngoscope».
Areas of professional interests:
- Benign and malignant tumors (papillary, follicular, medullary cancer) of the thyroid gland, relapses of thyroid cancer, determination of indications for radio-iodine- and chemotherapy;
- Thyrotoxicosis, Graves' disease, diffuse toxic goiter, thyroiditis;
- Diseases of the thyroid gland (primary and secondary hyperparathyroidism);
- Adrenal tumors (corticosteroma, aldosteroma, pheochromocytoma);
- Adrenal cancer and secondary metastases to the adrenal gland;
- Cushing's syndrome and disease, treatment of resistant and ectopic Cushing's syndrome;
- Primary hyperaldosteronism, endocrine arterial hypertension;
- Neuro-endocrine tumors (NETs);
- Multiple endocrine neoplasia syndromes (MEN 1, MEN 2, MEN 3, MEN 4);
- Rare and hereditary endocrine diseases (PHPT-Jaw Tumor, AIMAH, PPNAD, Carney complex).
Make an appointment