Endoprosthesis and Osteosynthesis
is the most common and effective method of restoring limb function in the modern traumatology. These sugeries are aimed at the complete or partial replacement of the joints. The very next day after joint replacement, the patient begins to move with some restrictions. Rehabilitation must be performed by the skilled surgeons. The rehabilitation period is different for each patient and depends on his individual characteristics, age and endoprosthesis' type. The average rehabilitation period lasts for 3-6 weeks. It is also important to undergo a set of exercises for the joint before arthroplasty.
We perfom the following endoprosthesis:
- Hip arthroplasty. We use advanced mechanical and cement fixation implants from the world's leading manufacturers and various modern methods of "bloodless" surgery, where blood loss during surgery is minimized due to a small access (only 7-9 cm) incision and due to a shorted time of operation (only 45 minutes).
- Knee arthroplasty. Surgeons replace the abnormal changes of knee joint or its elements with the artificial materials. The surgery scope, which joints elements shall be replaced are determined after deep and detailed examination, measurements and selection of the implants. Operations are performed in accordance to the specialized techniques with the advanced equipment and materials.
- Shoulder arthroplasty. As in the case of knee arthroplasty defected shoulders joints or its parts are replaced with an artificial prosthetic materials. The thoroughest examination are carried out by our orthopaedists for a selection of the best individual prostheses or implants.
- Elbow arthroplasty. At the Manufactura clinic we replace both - whole elbow joints and their parts with the functional elements of metal-polymeric materials. Endoprosthesis allows to fully restore the elbow functions as well as the volume of movements, and totaly eliminate the pain.
Indictaions for arthroplasty:
- chronic severe joints pain
- reduction or impaired mobility of joints
- gait and postures abnormality due to joints changes
- chronic inflammatory process in a joint
- hard tissues destruction of the joint: deforming arthrosis of the hip, knee, ankle joint
- abrasion and dystrophy of a cartilage and of a synovial membrane
- dysplastic coxarthrosis
- aseptic necrosis of the femoral head
- the femoral neck fracture
- significant damage to the joint ligaments
- after injuries conditions
- age-related dystrophic processes in a joint
The sugery of the osteosynthesis is aimed to connections of bone fragments in fractures or their consequences. Such operations let elimination of the bone displacement and stabilize them for the period of consolidation, as well as the further shape and function restoration. Osteosynthesis does not accelerate fracture fusion, but only optimizes the course of reparative bone regeneration, that is surgical connection of bone fragments reduces slowing down of consolidation or cases of non-consolidation, formation of false joints or neoarthrosis.
Indictaions for osteosynthesis:
- fracture of the femoral neck, pelvic bones or complex limb fractures
- traumatic injuries to bones and joints
- slow consolidation or prolonged bone healing
- false joints(pseudoarthrosis)
- abnormal consolidation of fractures
- bone deformation correction
- secondary displacement of bone fragments
- Hallux Valgus
- rheumatoid arthritis
- ankylosing spondylitis (Ankylosing Spondylitis)
Make an appointment