Surgical treatment of the brain vascular pathology
Among the central and peripheral nervous systems' lesions there are diseases not related to trauma, but to pathology and diseases of the main vessels, leading to intracranial hemorrhage like ischemic, hemorrhagic strokes and subarachnoid hemorrhage. Stenosis of carotid and vertebral arteries, as well as brain aneurysms, are among the main causes of such diseases. Such diseases require rapid diagnostic solutions and adequate treatment tactics.
Today, intravenous thrombus dissolution is used to treat patients with acute ischemic stroke, but despite the use of such thrombolytic therapy, the main efforts should be made to prevent stroke, which in most cases is provided by endarterectomy (is an arterial surgery directed to removal of the hemolysis zone,which has narrowed the artery or to a stent installation to dilate the vessel). The need and validity of a combination of medical and neurosurgical methods of treatment is considered in each case.
The only effective method of treating a cerebral aneurysm in which there is pathological vasodilation is surgery with embolization of the affected vessel.
High skill neurosurgeons of the our clinic have many years of experience in surgical practice, use advanced diagnosis and treat methods in cerebrovascular diseases, successfully combine modern advances in angiosurgery with various anesthetics of the latest generation, which significantly reduces the postoperative rehabilitation period.
We perform the following operations:
- Endovascular thrombextraction in the acute period of ischemic stroke
- Intraarterial thrombolysis
- Stenting in atherosclerosis of the neck and brain vessels
- Endarterectomy, thrombectomy of the main neck arteries
- Microsurgical exclusion of arterial aneurysms, arterio-venous malformations of the brain and spinal cord vessels with endoscopic assistance
- Endovascular exclusion of brain aneurysms by microcoils and flow-directing stents using assisting techniques
- Endovascular exclusion of malformations of the brain and spinal cord, ONYX, FIL, microspirals
- Endovascular exclusion of carotid-cavernous compounds using microspirals and detachable balloon catheters
- Vascular resection in elongation of the main neck arteries with the formation of an anastomosis
- Microsurgical and endoscopic removal of stroke hematomas and cavities
- Thrombextraction in sinus thrombosis
- Angioplasty with stenting of sinus stenoses
- Embolization of head and neck tumors
- Hybrid vascular operations
- Catheterization angiography of cerebral vessels
- Installation of sensors for measuring intracranial pressure
- Ventricular drainage of the brain, ventricular fibrinolysis
- Drainage of intracerebral hematomas, local fibrinolysis
- Desympathization, denudation, redressation of extracranial arteries in the neck
- Elimination of spinal artery compression in the extracranial zone, including dyskunusectomy
- Bypass microsurgical operations
Make an appointment